My “Imagine”… Canvas
Hello Crafters and welcome to Blanket Stitch, today I am going to take you through my most recent make, my “Imagine” Canvas.
I was sitting down thinking just what I could make when this came into my head, I wanted to make something for my room, to place just above my bed, and I also wanted something to enter in to the Our Creative Corner Challenge!
First up, I grabbed my canvas (from The Works for a couple of pound) and pulled out my acrylic paints and got to work on making a nice pink to work with. The colour I originally thought I would go for in my head was a pale baby pink, but when this colour came out from the mixing I couldn’t resist keeping it, I think you’ll agree its lovely!
I found this old piece of ribbon in my stash and glued it down one side of the canvas.
Next I added this cute little string flower onto the top of the ribbon.
For this part of the canvas I cut some card into a square, then blended Victorian Velvet and Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. I then used my Tim Holtz stamp and stamped it onto the card using Archival Ink. I then edged the card with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Then I glued it and stuck it on to the canvas.
Using my letter tiles to spell the word ‘Love’ I first used Victorian Velvet and Frayed Burlap Distress Ink over the tiles and then attached them to the top of the canvas at an angle.
On a cream piece of paper I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink and stamped a music stamp on to it. The curling was just a mistake, but I think you’ll agree it ended up looking good! I then glued this onto the canvas.
Using a tag that I found in my craft cupboard, I used Worn Lipstick Distress Ink and attached it half hanging off of the canvas. Then I added three flower die cuts stamped with Victorian Velvet and Frayed Burlap, and then edged with Vintage Photo Distress Inks. Next I added a paper rose which I used a Distress Paint on (sorry I don’t know which one).
I then added another few flowers, as above, and stuck them to the canvas. I then knotted a piece of string and used this as the centre piece for the flowers.
Here is the finished piece, I am really please with how it turned out!
Let me know in the comments below what you think, I would love your feed back!