Working with felt is one of the easiest ways to create gorgeous pieces to scatter around your home, and something that is super easy to get children or beginners to try out!
Takes these hearts we’ve been making, they are easy to make and look gorgeous hung around the home.
All you need:
Buttons (to decorate)
How to make a felt heart:
1. Cut out 2 identical shaped hearts out of the felt you are using (you can use the same colour or two different colours – it is entirely up to you!)
2. Line them up together, and using blanket stitch, stitch around the outside of the heart, binding both sides together.
3. Leave a small gap towards the end of stitching, and stuff heart with a small amount of stuffing to pad it out.
4. Finish stitching and close up the hole.
5. Decorate the front of the heart however you wish.
6. Attach some thread to the top of the heart.
Let me know if you try this, it really is a great, fun way to make cute little bits to decorate your home!